//Google Plus Verification Google+

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Red Fox

It looks like at least one of last year's litter is doing quite well. This red fox was looking quite healthy and full of energy, except for a brief lay down in the cool sand. It was fantastic to see her doing so well. I suspect her mother died during last Winter, as I have not seen her around. In the wild, they don't tend to live longer than a year or two. This little vixen was quite busy scent marking, and chasing anything that moved. Red foxes are easily one of my favorite subjects to watch and photograph in the wilds of Manitoba and Ontario. I have yet to get a good photograph of the kits, as they tend to stay in the den if they catch wind of me. The only time I have seen them active is in dusk, when it is too dark to photograph, let alone see them.  They are also extremely fast when they are old enough to actually come out of the den. Definitely something I am trying hard to do.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It helps me get a feel for what people like and dislike about the blog.