//Google Plus Verification Google+

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Thaw



I have a hunch that the back of Winter will break soon. I can't wait! This is a moment that probably totally eludes many readers who are not from around these parts. For those people, let me just say that there is nothing like a Winnipeg Winter. The cold lasts 5-6 months out of the year, and when the sun finally warms the ground enough for the big thaw, things move quick. The snow melts, the ice breaks up, the animals come out of their holes, and the migrant birds arrive. Loads of opportunity for those of us stricken with the photography bug! I for one can not wait for another Spring.

For the parents out there, just a reminder to have a good strong talk with your loved ones about the dangers of deep, fast, or cold water. It is very tempting for young people with not much experience to tempt fate. Please help to avert any more tragedies. We see too many of them around here.

Hopefully the thaw is slow enough to avert the big floods that are a strong possibility this year. If you have any flood related sights that you want photographed for free, drop me a line and I'll do my best to post them.

Stay safe.
Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It helps me get a feel for what people like and dislike about the blog.