//Google Plus Verification Google+

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Biking to the Viking (2010)

I had a chance to volunteer for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, this past weekend. The 2010 "Biking to the Viking" was a hoot. I met so many nice people, who were dedicated to helping those with MS.  It was an early morning, especially for a Saturday.  It started to rain shortly after the cyclists started to pass my rest stop.  Most of them kept on smiling and having a blast.  I think cyclists secretly revel in that type of weather.

Unfortunately it kept getting my gear wet.  Ah well, nothing was damaged, as far as I can tell.  Hopefully they have a bit better weather next year.

Canada has the highest rate of occurrence of the disease in the world.

Check out the website if you wish to volunteer, make a donation, or just want more information.

http://mssociety.ca/en/default.htm



Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It helps me get a feel for what people like and dislike about the blog.